Cyprus has an amazingly rich cultural heritage
Historic Cyprus can meet any requirements you may have for you or your guests and friends with an interest in this amazing culture. Special excursions can be organised for congresses and seminars held in Cyprus.
We can arrange to take your guests and friends on thematic excursions, and can also organise specialized lectures on interesting subjects that promote the history and culture of the whole island.
Possible cultural excursions may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- -Ancient monuments and sites and their history
- -Byzantine monuments and sites and their history
- -Medieval monuments and sites and their history
- -Byzantine churches of the Troodos range (World Heritage Sites)
- -Pottery in Cyprus today (an excursion to Kornos and Phini villages)
- -Wine villages of the Limassol district and special visits to selected wineries of the area
- -Understanding Byzantine Art. A special excursion to Panagia tis Asinou/Panagia tou Arakas churches (both listed in the World Heritage Catalogue) where different schools of byzantine art are present.
- -The Ottoman Baths of Nicosia /Paphos
LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
Historic Cyprus can also present specialized lectures and talks for special events on various aspects of the cultural heritage of the island.
All presentations are accompanied by rich illustrations and made to meet your requirements as well as those of the audiences. Presentations can vary from 15min to an hour (lectures).
Possible presentations/lectures themes may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- -A short illustrated history of the island
- -Navigation in Cyprus, past, present and future
- -Medieval maps and portolans of Cyprus
- -The European legacy of Cyprus 1192-1571
- -The fortifications of Nicosia and the Renaissance
- -The Famagusta Gate and its history
- -The history of Famagusta throughout the centuries
- -The history of Nicosia throughout the centuries
- -Ottoman baths in Cyprus
- -The history of scripts in Cyprus: from the Cypro-minoan to the Cypriot dialect
- -The making of wines in Cyprus, from ancient history to today